MOC 2021 Fundraiser
A donation to MOC is an investment in our local democracy.
When you support Marin Organizing Committee, you are investing in the involvement of regular citizens in the ongoing public discourse about the needs of our community. You are promoting leadership development in our civic organizations, congregations and schools. You are funding proactive work on the issues that matter to all of us: housing, immigration, mental healthcare, aging and disability, and more. You are investing in direct action to improve our communities and make Marin County the kind of place we can all be proud to be part of.
In the past year alone, MOC:
- Won year-long freezes on rent increases in the lowest income neighborhoods of San Rafael, Novato, and unincorporated Marin, and a city-wide freeze in San Anselmo.
- Successfully worked with the County to allocate $310,000 to Legal Aid of Marin to fund desperately needed legal services for low-income tenants and landlords in Marin.
- Worked with our sister IAF organizations across the state to extend the statewide eviction moratorium to September 30, allowing more time for families to apply for rental assistance funds and stay in their homes.
- Organized more than 50 research actions to discern how we can act together to expand affordable housing, increase renter protections, support those who are aging and those with disabilities, and improve mental healthcare for youth in our community.
- Held house meetings with more than 200 leaders, listening and sharing about how the pandemic has changed our lives, beginning a series of conversations that will continue over the next few months as we discern how we can work together to transform our community for the common good as we emerge from the immediate crisis.
- And in just a few days in October, we mobilized over 250 people to write letters, speak during public comment, and sign a petition in support of Project Homekey 2.0 in Larkspur — resulting in the Marin Board of Supervisors’ unanimous vote to move forward to create 43 new units of permanent supportive housing. We still have work to do (you can sign the petition here!).
You can give online using the form below, or mail a check to:
369B Third Street #333
San Rafael, CA 94901
Please address checks or DAF contributions to Bay Area Organizing Committee, our legal name.
Our tax I.D. number is 68-0232705